Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Proud mama

It's not often I have something to be really proud of when it comes to Allison's school performance. She doesn't really participate in many of the activities but we have always thought that her just being in the school environment is good for her. She might not speak, but I'm sure that she listens. Last night I got this email from her teacher. I thought it was cute and it really made me smile.

"I just wanted to share a cute story about Ally from today. After rest time we were at circle time discussing birds. Ally was doing her usual wandering around the classroom coming in and out of circle time and listening from afar. We were watching a short video clip and it had information on bald eagles nests and it talked about how over time, they are so heavy they collapse. I gave the definition of "collapse" to the kids since it's a new word for them and then I gave a demonstration and pretended to collapse. All the kids wanted to try and took turns "collapsing". After all the kids had a turn I yelled for Ally to come over (she was on the other side of the room). I said "Ally come over and show us how you collapse". She turned around, walked over to circle time and collapsed!!! I really think she knew exactly what she was doing because that's not something she usually just does. When she comes to circle time she either sits down or goes down on her knees. It was the cutest thing ever and I wish I got that one on video tape. I know sometimes her therapist wants to make sure that she is always sitting with us, even though she doesn't like it, but it makes me feel really good to know that she is still getting all the information from wherever she is in the classroom:)"

3 comments:

  1. Aww, that just melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just got chills! What a great moment that must of been for you to get this email. Sounds like she has a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete